Fall Semester – COVID-19 Protocols in the Library:
• Patrons are required to wear face masks whenever they are using the Library.
• Patrons shall maintain a distance of 6 feet between themselves and others in the Library.
• Patrons are urged to engage in frequent handwashing, or to use the hand-sanitizer provided.
• The Library will follow a daily routine of cleaning shared surfaces.
• The Library has reduced the available seating in the Library and the number of public terminals.
• The Library encourages patrons to use their own laptop instead of Library computers, where possible.
• The Library has instituted a 3-day quarantine for all returned materials. This may affect resource availability.
• The Library encourages patrons to consult the catalog for resources available online.
• The Library will accept limited scanning requests (an article, a chapter of a book).
• Food and drink are prohibited in the Library.
The mission of the Library is to support the curriculum of the Saint Mary Seminary and Graduate School of Theology in its goal of study and research at the Masters and the Doctor of Ministry levels. The Library also collaborates with and serves as a theological resource for Borromeo Seminary, the Permanent Diaconate program, the Pastoral Ministry program, the Continuing Education office, and, more generally, for patrons across Ohio.
The Bruening-Marotta Library holds more than 82,000 volumes and 900 units of audiovisual media, and subscribes to approximately 240 current periodicals. In addition, the Library is a member of OhioLINK, a consortium of 121 academic libraries in Ohio. Through OhioLINK Seminary students have access to nearly 50 million books and Library materials, plus access to more than 150 electronic research databases, including the ATLA Religion Database. (updated 8/1/2015)
For more information, please contact our librarian, Mr. Alan Rome.
Ebscohost Research Databases
(See librarian for off-campus access)