The Board of Trustees
approved the following schedule of tuition and fees for the 2017-2018 academic year:
Master of Divinity Program:
|Room and Board:||$9,250|
|MDiv Grad Fee:||$ 200|
|CPL Phone/Internet:||$ 325|
Doctor of Ministry Program:
|Tuition:Discounted Tuition:||$5,360 – $2,680/sem$3,700 – $1,850/sem|
|Grad Fee:||$ 200|
|Continuation Fee:||$1,750 – $ 875/sem|
Master of Arts and Continuing Education Program:
|Credit Hour:||$ 355|
|Discounted Rate:||$ 265 *see details below|
|Audit (per course):||$ 220|
|MA Grad Fee:||$ 200|
General Financial Policies:
- Doctor of Ministry students are to pay a $500 deposit (per semester) at the time of registration.
- Master of Arts and Continuing Education Students are to pay $100 per credit hour at the time of registration. *A special tuition discount is granted to full time Cleveland Diocesan employees, Roman Catholic clergy, religious and Certified Pastoral Ministers serving in the Diocese of Cleveland and those accepted into the Diaconate Formation Program or into the pastoral Ministry Certification process of the Diocese of Cleveland.
- Audit fees must be paid in full at the time of registration.
- Please note that your registration is not recorded until the Accounting Office receives your deposit and/or audit fees.
- Checks (payable to St. Mary Seminary) may be mailed to: St. Mary Seminary and Graduate School of Theology ATTN: Registrar, 28700 Euclid Avenue, Wickliffe, OH 44092-2585.
Call the Finance Office (440-943-7668) to pay by credit card: (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
- Remainder of tuition is due within 30 days of receipt of the invoice date.
- Students may discuss with the Business Office and Academic Dean a payment plan of monthly installments to cover the tuition of an academic year. If a student needs more time to complete tuition payments according to the plan, this can arranged, but no transcripts or grade reports will be issued until payment is received.
Refund for tuition will be made on the following basis:
- Within the first two weeks of class: 100%
- Within the third and fourth weeks of class: 80%
- Within the fifth week of class: 40%
- Within the sixth week of class: 20%
- Within the seventh week of class: 0%
A student who changes from credit to audit or audit to credit, or adds or drops a class should do so by the end of the second week of the new semester after consultation with the Academic Dean. A student seeking a refund of tuition must withdraw from a class by the sixth week of the semester. Refunds are issued according to the schedule above. A student who withdraws after the sixth week is responsible for the entire semester’s tuition.
Course Registration and Payment Policy
Registration for new students must be completed through the Registrar’s office. Returning students may register online. Students failing to register by the date indicated on the academic calendar will incur a late fee of $25.00. Tuition may be paid by cash, check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard and American Express).
All audit fees should be paid in full at time of registration. Master of Arts and Continuing Education students are to pay a deposit of $100 per credit hour at the time of registration and Doctor of Ministry students are to pay a deposit of $500 per semester. Payment agreements can be made with the academic dean and the accounting office.
Accounts that are not paid in full by the end of each semester will result in an academic hold until paid in full or payment arrangements are established. Grades and transcripts will not be released until the account is paid in full. However, if payment arrangements have been established and met, the student may register for the next semester.
All tuition is due within 30 days of receipt of the invoice.
Graduating students with a past due balance will not receive a diploma or final transcripts until all tuition and fees have been paid.
Note: Saint Mary Seminary and Graduate School of Theology does not participate in the US Federal Student Financial Assistance programs. All students enrolled at least half time, (i.e. 4 credits for graduate students) may be eligible for student loan deferment. All deferment requests are to be submitted to the Registrar for verification and processing.