Continuing Education Students (non-degree seeking)
and Transient Students (enrolled in other schools)
Students who meet the academic requirements may apply for admission to take specific courses for credit or audit. These students are classified as Continuing Education students.
Applicants follow these procedures:
- Contact the Registrar to schedule an initial interview with the Academic Dean.
- Once approved as a qualified candidate, an application form may be requested from
the Registrar or downloaded from the website [http://www.stmarysem.edu].
- Request that an official transcript of credits earned from each college, university or graduate school previously attended be sent directly to the Seminary.
- Request or download a Course Registration Form and submit the completed form to the Registrar with the course deposit.
- Transient Students from other schools must have the written permission of the Academic Dean or other official of their school before they will be admitted to courses at Saint Mary Seminary and Graduate School of Theology.
While Saint Mary Seminary and Graduate School of Theology recognizes that its primary concern is to prepare men for priestly service in the Diocese of Cleveland, it realizes that it possesses a wealth of theological resources in its faculty, library and in its associations with theological schools. The Seminary is willing to make these resources available to local communities. In addition, the Seminary remains open to the possibility of undertaking collaborative programs of continuing education and formation that are jointly sponsored with other educational institutions. It is also willing to cooperate in programs offered by other educational institutions.