Did you know?
About our Seminarians…
- There are 60 seminarians studying for the priesthood in Diocese of Cleveland at Borromeo and Saint Mary Seminaries combined.
- There are also 13 men from religious communities studying at Borromeo and Saint Mary Seminaries: 7 Capuchin Franciscans, 5 Congregation of Saint Joseph, Avon, and 1 Benedictine from St. Andrew Abbey, Cleveland.
- There are two seminarians studying for the Archdiocese of Daegu, South Korea.
- The average age of the Saint Mary Seminarians is 28.
- The average age of the Borromeo Seminarians is 21.
- The average age when our seminarians first thought about a call to priesthood is 15.
- The average GPA of both our Saint Mary and Borromeo seminarians is 3.5.
- 49% of the seminarians attended a Catholic grade school.
- 42% of the seminarians attended a public grade school.
- 9% of the seminarians attended home school in grade school and/or high school.
- 56% of the seminarians attended a public high school
- 35% of the seminarians attended a Catholic high school.
- Those who most encourage our diocesan men to consider priesthood are: Priests, family, youth ministers, and parishioners.
Have you prayed for them? Have you encouraged a young man to consider priesthood?